Mother of Benghazi Victim Erupts at Hillary Clinton: ‘She’s Lying!’
H/T: Mediaite, Andrew Husband, 10/23/15
H/T: The Hill .com
Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush on Saturday said Democrat Hillary Clinton “lied” to the families about the cause of the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attack.“This is the third anniversary of Hillary Clinton’s testimony when she said it doesn’t make a difference on Benghazi. Third anniversary,” Bush said at the First in the Nation Presidential Town Hall in Nashua, N.H.“When she had to testify under oath, she said that the reason why we have this threat, why Benghazi occurred, it because of terrorism, even though she told the families something completely different, that she was going to go after the director of the video,” he added.“She lied to the families, and told the truth to her daughter and to the president of Egypt,” he continued, referring to emails Clinton sent in the immediate aftermath of the attack. “Shameful. Shameful.”
What Benghazi family members say Hillary Clinton said about the video
George Stephanopoulos: “Another challenge you could face in this campaign, a majority of Americans question your honesty. Some GOP rivals and family members of the Benghazi victims are saying you lied to them in that hearing…. The family members, as you know, say you told them it was by a filmmaker, you’d go after the filmmaker…. Did you tell them it was not the film? And what’s your response?”
Hillary Clinton: “No. You know, look I understand the continuing grief at the loss that parents experienced with the loss of these four brave Americans. And I did testify, as you know, for 11 hours. And I answered all of these questions.”
— exchange on ABC’s “This Week,” Dec. 6, 2015
Conway (N.H.) Daily Sun columnist Tom McLaughlin: “Somebody is lying. Who is it?”
Clinton: “Not me, that’s all I can tell you…. I can’t recite for you everything that was in a conversation where people were sobbing, where people were distraught, the president and the vice president, we were all making the rounds talking to people, listening to people. I was in a very difficult position because we have not yet said two of the four dead were CIA…. This was a part of the fog of war.”
— exchange at editorial board interview, Dec. 29
The Fact Checker previously looked into allegations that Hillary Clinton had told two stories after the 2012 Benghazi attacks that left four Americans dead — a private one that it was a terrorist attack and the public one that blamed Muslim outrage over a YouTube video. The evidence was mixed, open to interpretation, but we concluded that there was not enough for GOP rivals to make definitive judgments that she lied.
The Clinton campaign at the time declined to discuss Clinton’s statements to family members at the transfer of remains ceremony held at Joint Base Andrews on Sept. 14, 2012. But on Dec. 6, George Stephanopoulus directly asked the question. Clinton rejected the claim of some family members that she had blamed the video in private conversations. Then, she did so again in an interview with the editorial board of the Conway Daily News a few weeks later.
Many readers asked that we take a look again at the evidence. The debate is sure to become even more heated with the release in January of a major Hollywood film, “13 Hours,” that recounts the Benghazi attacks.